Thursday, April 25, 2013

Great Day,.,Then I Checked The Mail...

Today was a pretty good day. Kindergartners went to the zoo so that left my day pretty free. The book that the first graders wrote and we had published got in yesterday and we shared it today. They were really impressed! They loved it...and so did their teachers! Everyone shared it with their classes. Even my little lady had a great day even when she had a sub. Got to help interview some people for the new para position. It just seemed that everything was going great today...

Then I got home...and checked the mail...I was hoping for information about my appointment for my stent and stuff...instead I find a bill from the IRS...thought we had everything taken care of since we received a refund this year. But that's what I get for thinking. It seems that one of the jobs that hubby had didn't take his taxes out...so we now owe more than $5000...we had trouble paying the rent this month...and now the IRS wants $5000?? And by the way...they want it now....and of course I started bawling when I found that in the mail...

Also kind of figured out we may not be able to go to KC to see the kids this weekend...after getting the rest of the bills paid and buying groceries, we have very little money left to last until payday...

There were things that made me smile though...
  1. The look on the students' face when they saw their book for the first time.
  2. I got a compliment from Anne - she was impressed about the information I had at a staffing yesterday that helped a student get services.
  3. My little lady had a great day...even with a substitute.
  4. Making "calming" bottles with the 1st graders.
  5. Seeing pictures of Samantha and Miles together!

No comments:

Post a Comment